Guide For Butterfly Valves
When we talk about valves we would say that valves are those objects that will help you out a lot in regards to maintain flow of any kind of liquid or substance depending on the application you will be using it. Well if you are thinking about getting a valve that can actually help you out with these kind of things well then we would suggest that go with butterfly valve and lined butterfly valve.
Thing is as the name suggests, the valve operates at an angle that is about ninety degrees, through which you can easily get any type of liquid passed and also the flow can also be controlled rather easily. The valves can handle a lot of pressure but they are also delicate and will need some care.
Let’s talk about some advantages.
- Compact and very light in weight
- Installation is very easy
- Pressure loss is very low
- Maintenance is also very low
Let’s look at some disadvantage
- Due to being a disc operated system the flow will always be interrupted.
- As with the disc it might not sustain high flow.
Let’s look at some uses that you might be interested in.
- Service vacuum
- Sustaining heavy amount of temperature
- Air conditioner and fridge
- Agriculture needs
- Processing corrosive substance
- Fire system
As we have mentioned earlier that these valves have a flow control system.
Once the flow has reached to a point where the system sees that it can no longer control it well then at that point it will make sure that valve gets closed and it can be done remotely also. Isolation of flow is also something that you can have an advantage of.
If you are someone who is in the business of food and want to prevent backflow well these valves will do the job just fine. When you are considering high velocity of pressure well then your needs will change and you will be required to use high performance valves especially if you are in the business of gas and oil.
When you are looking for valves well then there are types of construction that you should consider such as.
- Carbon steel is the cheapest build you can find and it is cheap for a reason that is it can’t handle substance that is corrosive.
- Stainless steel is something that you can use if you have the need for something that is corrosive.
- Titanium alloy is one of those alloys which is the lightest of all yet also has the strength to make sure that corrosiveness doesn’t attacks it.
As you can see that there many things to know about butterfly valve and lined butterfly valve and if you have read about it this far well then we understand that you might be intrigued on using it.